Free Ads NI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Million Yard Golf Marathon Muscular Dystrophy 19th June

Go down

20 Million Yard Golf Marathon Muscular Dystrophy 19th June Empty 20 Million Yard Golf Marathon Muscular Dystrophy 19th June

Post by Christopher Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Friday 19th June

What is the 20 Million Yard Golf Marathon?

The 20 Million Yard Golf Marathon is a record-breaking series of golf marathons held on the same day across the UK. Participating teams will challenge themselves and their friends to play four different courses in a day while raising vital funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.

While your foursome tees off on the first course of the day (approx 4.00am on one of the longest days of the year) three other teams will be starting on three different local courses. Each local marathon therefore will consist of up to 16 golfers playing the same four courses over the day. We want 50 golf marathons across the country, meaning 800 golfers are playing 200 courses throughout the UK on the same day. This is a total of 57,600 holes of golf covering over 20 million yards!

How do I get involved?

There are three levels of involvement:

Local Champion - act as an organiser for your local golf marathon. This will involve liasing with golf courses, recruiting up to four teams of players and drumming up press coverage, collate your local marathons reults and liase with us at MDC.

Golfer - for those of you who just want to turn up and play.

Supporter - if your don't fancy the challenge but still want to get involved in this once-in-a-life-time event you can still help us make this event the biggest we possibly can by helping secure press coverage, liasing with golf courses or simply making a donation.

What can the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign do to help me organise my own golf marathon?

We will provide you with an involvement pack including tailored letters to encourage participation from golf clubs and fellow golfers. We also aim to secure extensive media coverage, corporate sponsorship and involvement from celebrities.

What will the golf course need to offer?

Complementary or reduced green fees for up to 12 non-members
Early or late tee times
Reserved tee times to accomodate 4 golfers at four times during the day
Help recruiting golfers through advetising or communication with their members
What do I get out of being involved?

Challenge yourself by playing four different courses in one day
Be part of a record breaking attempt
Fully branded kit bag and certificate to commemorate your big day
Chance to win fantastic golf prizes
Help in the fight against muscle disease
Minimum fundraising amount: £250 per golfer

This includes green fees and a commemorative kit bag including branded golf merchandise

If you would like more information please contact the Events Team
http://www.muscular-dystrophy.org/events/special_events/20_million_yard.html

Christopher

http://www.enniskillen.com

Back to top Go down